As a professional stage actor, I understand how important it is to have a great headshot - one the reflects your personality, and looks like you on a great day. As a theatre teacher, I understand how daunting it can be to have to invest $300, $500, or more to get usable professional quality headshots. Seeing my own students struggling to come up with a solution - I began to teach myself the art of shooting headshot photography, so that I could offer high quality (and low cost) headshots to aspiring and professional actors. Please take a look at my work below, and read about my rates and session information. Contact me through my website for more information about locations, scheduling, and to set up your shoot!
- For full-time students, and returning clients, headshot sessions are $50.
- For new clients, headshot sessions are $75.
- If you book with a friend and shoot together, the session is only $40 each.
- Session fees include as many look changes as you want, a session that will last as long as it needs to (typically 75-90 minutes), over 100 high resolution images to choose from, and your 2 favorite images retouched. Additional photos can be retouched for an additional fee.
Before Your Session
- We'll contact via email, or over the phone, to go over all the logistics of your shoot in the week prior.
- Because I shoot natural light photography, we are at the mercy of the elements to a certain extent. As the weather forecast develops in the days or hours leading up to your shoot, we'll revise starting times as needed.
- Leading up to your shoot, be sure to get plenty of rest, and drink lots of water. This makes a huge difference in how your skin will look.
- Before the shoot, we'll discuss specific looks or types of photos you want, and how we can achieve them.
- I'll also share with you some articles and videos about how to select clothing for your shoot, how to pose for photos, etc. The more confident you are about what you're doing on your side of the lens, the better things will go on my side of the lens.
At Your Session
- Bring as many clothing options as you like. Since we're not working with a time limit, you're welcome to change your clothes frequently. I'll give you my input about which colors, textures, and patterns will look best - but if you have an article of clothing you love - bring it!
- You want your hair and makeup to be styled like you were heading to an audition. The key is for you to look your best, but to still look like you. Avoid overdoing it with makeup, or styling your hair in a way that you wouldn't normally. When you walk into the audition room, the director want to see the same person that's in the headshot they're holding.
- Gents, a little makeup is always a good idea to even out skin tone, conceal blemishes, etc.
- If you have longer hair, make sure you bring product in case you want to put your hair up or down throughout the shoot.
- Gents, if you wear a beard - consider bringing your shaving supplies. We can always pause mid-way through a shoot so you can shave, and double the number of looks you're getting.
- As we go, I'll show you how the shots are turning out so you can be an active participant in the outcome. I want you to see what I'm seeing.
- You're welcome to bring a friend with you if they're able to help you relax, feel confident, carry your clothes, etc. If you're more comfortable flying solo, that's great too. I usually shoot with an assistant to help with lighting, hair adjustments, etc.
After Your Session
- After the session, I'll share a large folder of images with you to review, as well as a smaller group of shots that I think are your strongest choices. You'll have access to every image I shoot, except for a few that will be deleted (out of focus, eyes closed, etc.)
- Once you've had time to review the unedited proofs, you'll choose your top two images, and those will be edited and lightly retouched, for no additional fee.
- Photos will be shared via Drop Box, Google Drive, or can be loaded onto a USB drive.